Act of War Direct Action

So today I installed Act of War Direct Action only to fine out that the game don't support widescreen. Enabled up scaling couldn't see noting hard on the eyes and 4:3 was way to small also the controls are noting like command and conquer. Google Act of War Direct Action widescreen and there's no fix but yet they where talking about a patch to support widescreen. Downloaded the patch and noting worked so with that I removed the game, besides this was the last one that I had laying around that was old. So with that said I don't live in the past for anyone or anything and I wont lose any sleep over it, Next up Lara Croft Tomb Raider Anniversary at lease this ones widescreen I don't have to worry about 4:3 any more because I don't live in the past noting but the future, I have like 20+ games that are no good to me any more because of 16:9-16:10 Vs 4:3 in a crate upstairs now the next step will be Windows 7-8 how much games am I going to lose because of this upgrade again I "don't care" I don't live in the past noting but the future.