Fortnite "Going to be a PC Game First and Foremost"




"Next-gen is a high-end PC. It's been here for a while. The PC never died. The PC never went away." Ah, Cliff Bleszinski. I knew I liked you for a reason. In a talk about Epic's upcoming Fortnite at PAX, the stylish design director made it clear that his team is making their take on the zombie survival genre with the PC in mind. In fact, it's their priority, as it'll be the first time most people get their hands on Unreal Engine 4. Let me be the first to say "Ooh, pretty."

In exciting news, as Rock Paper Shotgun reports, in 2013 Epic will be rolling out a beta to see what people like and don't like about Fortnite, and promise to cater to our every whim. It's a lot of responsibility, friends. Do try and be respectful.

It's great to see the (at least lately) console-oriented developer catering to the PC audience. Particularly with a game so focused around building and player creativity, the mouse-and-keyboard platform seems better suited for these sort of expansive, player-driven concepts. So far, Fortnite looks amazing, and I can't wait to get my hands on the closed beta. That is, if I can get in. You hear me, Cliff? Please?

Source: Gamespy